Sunday, March 4, 2012

I Just Want To Say...

Ryan:
To Ryan,
My Dearest Ryan.
Dear Ryan...


         I just want to say, that I'm not sure how it happened.  I need you to know that I'm not sure why people fall out of love, but I forgive you for not loving me right now.  It's a big thing–to love another human.  The "L" word.  What's that song lyric?  "Those three words are said too much, but not enough"?  I think maybe that's why you have nothing to say, and I have everything.  Because love gives you words.  And, when they run out, so does the love.  I know you'll most likely never read these letters.  And, that's okay too.  But, I have too many words left to leave them sitting in my head; they put too much pressure on my tear ducts, you see...and no one wants that.  


        So, I'm writing you these letters, to get the words out of my head–out of my heart–off my chest.  They're not much, I'm afraid, but they're all I have left to give.  You won't take my love or my friendship, so I offer you my words, pure and broken and sappy as they may be.  Maybe one day, Ry, we'll figure it all out...and I hope we do.  Until then, I just want to say that I still love you.  For now, that will have to be enough.


Sincerely,
Yours,
Always,
Love,
Love,
~E    

No comments:

Post a Comment